I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Into August I Go

Just more photos of things around the house, except on the 4th.

August 4

Jeremy and Jon were here for their summer visit to their dad so he had a party at Pam's so they could see everyone. It was a beautiful day in Upland, but it looked like there might be some thunderstorms brewing in the distance. Of course, everyone had a great time and the boys were thrilled to see so many of the California relatives.

August 5

Lucy was freaked out by the mop. I spent a lot of Sunday washing the floors downstairs and she followed me around a lot, but then hid when the mop got too close.

August 6

One of my big three wick candles was in a large holder sitting on some rocks. The melted wax spilled over the side of the candle and pooled around the rocks. They are kind of eerie, but cool, too.

August 7

One of these days I will plant flowers in the backyard planter again. The gardeners seem to keep the weeds away, but the dirt is very lonely looking. I really want to redo the entire back yard, but it will have to wait until we get the house projects done.

August 8

Right after Steve got home from Tokyo, Joel gave him a mullet. He wore it for a few days and then buzzed it off. Here he is rinsing the cut hair off of himself. The water was very cold and jumped around and squealed a lot while he was doing this. I must admit, I like the buzz so much better than the mullet.

August 9

I had just gotten my car washed and the wheels really looked good. One of the perks at work is two different mobile car wash companies come to our parking lot. I prefer Jose on Thursday over Scott on Monday and Friday. The only interaction I had with Scott left me very cold. He described another woman who had left her car with them as the 'redhead with big boobs' - how rude when talking to another woman.

August 10

This in one of the books referred to most in our house, I believe.

No comments: