I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Into the Second Half We Go!

I have made it this far and it is getting harder and harder to find new and different subjects for my photos. My life consists of working 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday and home. I don't get out much. I guess that is my fault, I am a homebody.

July 21

One of the three bookcases in our computer room. There is no rhyme nor reason to how it is organized. We just keep shoving things in there - teddy bear, smoke alarm (not doing much good with no battery), set of small drawers, maps and of course books.

July 22

The Great Park is the huge project in the city of Irvine. The big orange balloon is supposed to be the landmark for now. It is tethered so it can only go up 500 feet. Riders get to see where the park will be. I have not been up in it, but I assume there is a narrated story to go along with the ride. The Great Park will be on the former El Toro Marine base. It was so sad when the base was closed. It was even sadder that they let the housing get so run down that it was not usable. Part of the land now belongs to the city and part belongs to a developer.

July 23

This was taken while I was stuck in traffic on my way home from work. Of course, I had the top down to enjoy the very mild July weather. My ride from work is just about 7 miles and usually takes at least 20 minutes. There are 17 traffic lights in that 7 miles. An 18th has been installed but is not active yet. Oh, the joys of living in Orange County.

July 24

Dennis loves bougenvilla so we had one planted in our front yard many years ago. Last year, he pruned it way back and we haven't gotten a lot of purple lately. Hopefully, the color will come back soon.

July 25

There are a couple of things I like about this - the shadow of chair on the wall and the three different height candle holders. I am not too crazy about the white brink on the fireplace. The white is better than what it used to be, however.

July 26

Lucy climbs on everything. Here she is on the window sill above the kitchen sink. I have no idea what was holding her interest, but the look on her face is very contemplative. That is the flash of the camera on the right.

July 27

Lucy loves to dig in the trash can in the computer room. It has all the trash from my scrapbooking and bill paying. Is she looking for something else to trash?



No comments: