I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Finally - Week 26

I have made it to the 26th week of my project, not missing many days and not duplicating many subjects. Family and cats don't count.

July 14

We went to a retirement party for the CEO of Pacific Life. He is the man that hired both Dennis and me into the actuarial training program in 1976. When Dennis became an officer, he was given this tie. In all those years and logo changes, he never got rid of it.

July 15

I love homemade bread, but don't have the patience to knead it myself. The bread machine makes perfect bread everytime. Warm bread with melting butter - yummy.

July 16

Jim found out that a double shot of Starbucks espresso is very, very hot. Too bad he was at work when this happened. He took a drink and it was so hot he spit it on himself. Fortunately, it was near the end of his day, so he wasn't embarassed for too long.

July 17

Most companies have the US flag, the state flag and the corporate flag. We also have the flag of the Anaheim Ducks!

July 18

This is the view from my kitchen window. I took it from just outside the window. Too bad there is so much contrast. I am not sure how to deal with that with the camera.

July 19

Goofy has found a new resting place in the backyard. This is under the yellow rose bush in the side planter. He has started spending more nights outside. We let him out, knowing that he doesn't climb fences anymore. It used to be that he would come in at night before we went to bed, but more and more he refuses. At fifteen years old, I am afraid we won't have him much longer.

July20

There always seems to be construction in Irvine. This is going to be a new bank in the Oak Creek center. It was late when I was picking up our dinner at Pei Wei and I like how the fence is so bright.

No comments: