I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Counting Down from 5


December 22

One of the best parts of living in Southern California, and it is NOT SoCal to me, is the weather. There aren't too many places in this country where the sky is this blue at the end of December. Of course, it is winter and a little rain now and then is a good thing.

December 23

I thought for sure that Disneyland wouldn't be too crowded the Sunday before Christmas. Wouldn't most people be doing their last minute shopping? Imagine my surprise and dismay when we got there and the line for security looked like this. After we made it through, the lines to buy tickets were extremely long, too. We changed our minds and went to a movie instead. We will use our free tickets another time.

December 24

Christmas Eve and all the presents are finally wrapped. For the last two years I have used a lot of plain brown paper and assorted ribbons. It is so much easier than picking a Christmas paper.

December 25

It didn't take long for last night's pile of wrapped gifts to turn into a pile of trash. Everyone had a great morning, so I think it was worth it.

December 26

It is still clear and warm. I was on the top level of the parking structure at the Spectrum when I took this. This is a rarity - the Santa Ana freeway is almost empty at 3:30 in the afternoon.

December 27

Dennis and I met for lunch at the little restaurant at Newport Dunes. It was such a pretty day, I did not want to go back to work.

December 28

Lucy is so photogenic.

No comments: