I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Still trying to catch up...


March 3

Dennis and I had to look at homes that had work done by the company that will be doing our new windows and tex-coat. Naturally, they were all in Los Angeles county, so we went for a drive. I loved this view of the Los Angeles skyline and was lucky to get this shot while riding on the freeway. It was frequently blocked by trees.

March 4

This little bike on the bicycle rack on the back of an SUV gave us both a chuckle. They must have not wanted to get the inside of the car dirty, because I am sure it would have fit in the back. Too bad I had to take this photo while driving because I was caught in the side-view mirror.

March 5

I went into the bathroom after I got home from work and was amazed to see the reflection from the mirror on the wall and ceiling. In the three and a half years since the new bathroom was completed, I don't ever remember seeing this. I thought it was pretty cool.

March 6

Somehow, I think I washed a pad of paper with the darks. When I took the clothes out of the washer, there was lint everywhere. I figured the dryer would suck it off of everything. It sucked a lot of it, but there was way too much for it to handle. The result was a lot of lint that burned out the coil which caused the dryer to not dry. It ran all night and the load was still not dry. The repairman was able to come out that day and fix it. $220 later, I had a functioning dryer again. I pay very close attention to what goes in the washer.

March 7

My craft table is shrinking. There used to be plenty of room for me to do my thing, but I have been keeping lots of stuff on it that should have a home. I can't decide how I want to store some of this stuff, so it just piles up. I go through phases where I try to clean it up, but the almost neatness doesn't last too long.

March 8

Our morning routine - at the gym by 5:30 (5:15 now because my commute to work got longer on 3/19/07) Dennis has been great, he hasn't missed a work day since the middle of January. I have missed five, as of today. As much as I hate getting up so early, I have to admit that it feels great to get it out of the way. I haven't lost any weight and my clothes still fit the same, but I know I am doing good things for my heart.

March 9

The guys started packing up the lab about a week before the move. The halls were packed with gondolas full of their equipment. It was crazy how much stuff they had. The halls got worse before they got better.

No comments: