I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's May


More photos of home and family. I really need to go on some adventures to find more interesting things to photograph.

May 5

Lucy is a climber. The back of Dennis' chair isn't that high, but she likes it. We have had her for about 8 months now and she and Goofy don't fight as much as they used to. I think she is too energetic for him.

In the background is a photo of Kirk Gibson rounding the bases after his home run that won Game 1 of the 1988 World Series against Oakland. Dennis and I were at that game and one year Jim gave us that photo for Christmas.

May 6

I don't make many cards, but I did this one for a challenge on the Two Peas message board. It was so easy, but it is not very complicated, so it should have been. The hardest part was putting sticky stuff on the back of some of the beads to make 'Happy Birthday' sort of curvy. I strung the beads first, so only had to stick down a few beads.

May 7

My honey. We went to Lucille's BBQ to celebrate my birthday and Steve's birthday. We usually don't celebrate two together, but this year Steve was going back to Tokyo before his and this was the only day during the week that we were all available. I wanted to get a shot of all five of us, but didn't get around to it.

May 8

This was the birthday greeting from my department. I kept it at my desk all day and returned it to the birthday fairy the next day. It is nice that they remember us on our special day. I don't often remember to sign the card for others and that makes me sad. I need to do better.

May 9

My birthday flowers - the card was signed by Jim and Erin, but I think Erin bought them.

May 10

This ficus used to be pretty decent looking. Lucy has changed that. She plays with it a lot and rips leaves off of it. It is pretty scrawny looking now and I am not sure how much longer it will survive.

May 11

We have flown the flag daily for quite some time. When we had the exterior painted, they took down the flag holder and we have not had an opportunity to put it back up. So the flag waits.