I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Photos Keep Coming


April 21

I loved being in San Francisco in the rain. We spent time walking around Pier 39 and while the girls were shopping I wandered outside to take some photos. The sea lions didn't have a care in the world. They had space to rest, they could go for a swim whenever they wanted and they weren't being disturbed at all. What a life.

April 22

We woke up to a beautiful morning. After all the rain the night before, the sky was crystal clear. It is the second time Dennis and I have stayed at this Courtyard. This weekend our room was $89 per night with free parking. The Courtyard in the city was over $200 per night and parking was an additional $45. No brainer decision.


April 23

One more tool of the exterior project. They had a lot of stucco to replace and repair, it took several days to get it all done. But it looks so much nicer now!

April 24

Our balcony had been is such terrible shape, we hadn't walked on it in years. It was full of dry rot, the termites had done a lot of damage, it was totally useless and dangerous. Without it, the backyard looks a lot bigger. We are trying to decide what to do next. Dennis really wants a new balcony. I don't see it getting a lot of use, I would be happy with a patio cover.

April 25

The Anaheim Ducks are doing great! I never thought I would be a hockey fan, but with the half price and free tickets I have been able to get through work, I have enjoyed watching the Ducks. I don't know anything about other teams, though, not even the teams we saw play the Ducks this year. The Stanley Cup is within their reach.

April 26

I love Jet Blue. I wish they flew out of John Wayne. If they did, they would probably be more expensive than flying out of Long Beach. Long Beach airport is really cool - old, small and quaint. If we don't have to drive up there during rush hour, I will always choose it over John Wayne if we can save $90 per ticket like we did on this trip to Sacramento. The flight was not full and I did not have anyone in the center seat next to me. I loved it!

April 27

I have seen poppies on the side of the road driving to and from work for several weeks now, but have not stopped to take a photo. I saw these while walking around the UC Davis campus. I still want to get a shot of the ones near home because I think they are a more vibrant color. I had to be careful not to get my shadow in the photo.

No comments: