I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Don't Call it SoCal!

Yes, I live in Southern California - not SoCal - how hard is to say those extra syllables?

June 16

This bothers me every time I go to a Dodgers game. They call it paid attendance and I have to argue that there were not 56,000 people attending the game this day. They may very well have sold 56,000 tickets, but there is no way on this planet that all those people showed up to the game. If they sold 56,000 tickets, call it a sell-out, but don't insult my intelligence and expect me to believe every one of those people showed up at the game. There were too many empty seats for me to believe that.

June 17

Years ago, I planted some gladiola bulbs in the backyard. A few years after that, I dug up a bunch of them. These keep coming back year after year and I think they are very pretty. They are next to the yellow rose bush in the side planter.

June 18

Here's a job for those who like to be outdoors - the hose holder. We got to the Angel game early that evening and watched while the prepared the field. I had to giggle that they had two grown men with the job of holding the hose. I wonder what it takes to be the lucky one who gets to squirt the water.

June 19

I love this spot in Corona del Mar. Dennis and I got sandwiches and took the to little Corona for lunch this afternoon. It was an absolutely beautiful day and it was so hard to go back to work. When we worked together at Pacific Life - then Pacific Mutual - we used to do this regularly. Now that my job has moved much closer to the beach, we can do it again.

June 20

Dennis stacks his reading material next to his recliner and it drives me crazy when the piles get out of hand. This photo is before that happened. We get too many magazines. I am trying to cut back on my subscriptions and I hope I can convince him to do the same.

June 21

That is the Pacific Ocean out on that horizon. I was at the top of the escalator at Fashion Island one day at lunch. I had gone to Macy's to look for shoes. I was dissapointed in their selection, so went outside for a walk. There is always a nice breeze coming up through here.

June 22

I guess you can call this a local landmark - it is the obelisk in the parking lot of the Irvine Spectrum. There was a time when it would change colors, but this night it stayed white. We were on top of the parking structure at 8:30 at night. I was able to steady the camera on the wall.

No comments: