I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Still Not Halfway Done

It is getting harder and harder to find new and interesting things to photograph. I spend nine hours a day at work - five days a week. So work and home are my life.

June 23

Goofy loves this spot in Steve's room. He gets to look out at the world and get the warmth of the afternoon sun. I worry about Goof. He is 15 years old and really slowing down. He seems old and tired, but I don't want to think that he is on his last legs.

June 24

Dennis took me to the Navy course in Cypress to play golf. This is the course he and Tiger Woods learned to play on. We learned that beginning in July, civilians will have the same tee-time privileges as the military. Yeah! My guess is the green fees will be going up at the same time. There is a plane pearched over that pond that looked to be made out of scrap metal. It is pretty cool.

June 25

For Mothers Day, the kids got me an iPod. This is the stack of CDs I was getting ready to rip to add to my iTunes. Those have been ripped and there is now another stack waiting next to my keyboard. It turns out that iTunes is a pretty memory intensive program, so I usually wait until I have something else to occupy my time.

June 26

Four years ago, we added a nice big bathroom with a very roomy tub. I can count on two hands the number of baths I have taken in it. But I do keep my collection of bubble baths handy so when I am in the mood I don't have to hunt all over. We got a long tub because of Dennis' long legs, not thinking about me. The tub gets slippery and I slide down into an uncomfortable position. I do have a tub pillow which helps until it gets too wet.

June 27

Finally, a Papa John's near us. It is my pizza of choice and now it is the closest pizza store to our house. Occasionally, we will still order form Lamppost, but we have them deliver. :)

June 28

This is the baggage claim area of Sacramento airport. I have seen it before but forgot all about it until we got there to pick up our bags. (Erin wanted to check her bags so she could take all of her regular cosmetics and toiletries.) There are two posts just like this - very cool!

June 29

After a long day of learning about UC Davis and what they have to offer our student, Dennis and I went to the Silo for a beer. There were walking tours being offered, but we had done that in April when we visited. Instead, we went to the bookstore for some t-shirts and then to the Silo to wait for the rest of the group. It felt great to sit in the shade with a cold beer and talk about the school and what a neat experience Erin should have there.

No comments: