I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

In the Middle of June


June 9

Erin and I had spent the morning cleaning house. As usual, Lucy had to be with us. Was she making sure I had gotten all the dishes out of the water or making sure I didn't miss a spot on her food bowl? Too bad we can't read the minds of our animals.

June 10

The blimp hangers at Tustin Marine base have been here longer than just about any other building in the area. Unfortunately, the Federal government shut down the base several years ago. All the base housing was demolished, some of it fairly new - built after we moved to Irvine in 1985. It broke my heart that it couldn't have been put to use as affordable housing for the community. Developers have been building new houses, condos and apartments. There have been ongoing discussions about what to do with the two hangers. Last I heard one will stay and one will be demolished. I don't know if that is accurate or not. I think they should be National Historic Monuments.

June 11

I was getting desperate for a photo, so I took this of the condensation on my glass of ice water. Ice water is my drink of choice. My water has to be cold. It is great that work keeps a cooler stocked with cold drinks on every floor. I drink three to four bottles everyday while at work and more cold water when I get home at night.

June 12

Every night, Dennis dumps his change in a bowl on his shelf. Periodically, I will empty the change compartment of my wallet into the stash. Eventually, he takes it to a coinstar machine to cash it in. Their service charge is worth it to him not to have to wrap it and take it to the bank.

June 13

Management at work sends the admin staff to one or two seminars a year. I went to this one by myself, so after finishing lunch, I grabbed by book and sat by the pool to read for a little while. This is what I saw when I looked over my head. The hotel was very near Disneyland and during lunch I got to listen to the family behind my discuss their plans for the day at the resort. I haven't been in ages, and I am expecting to get some free tickets from work, so I will get to go soon - after the summer crowds die down.

June 14

One of the phobias I have inherited from my mother is the fear of running out of toilet paper. We have three bathrooms and I want them all stocked at all times. Each bathroom is used several times each day, so I have to be ever vigilent.

June 15

When we got the house tex-coated we got a new side door for the garage to outside. For the first 22 years we have lived in this house, this door was solid, so the garage was always dark. I still freak out when I go into the garage and it is light. I think someone left the door open and allowed Lucy to escape. I hope it doesn't take 22 more years to get used it.

No comments: