I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, July 28, 2007

One More to the Half Way Point

Here we go again. So, this week I did have a couple of different events to photograph. Still, I needed to do a cat again.

July 7

Bingo is a culture all it's own. A few years ago, the Grad Nite committee started using Bingo as a fundraiser. They have worked four or five weekends each of the last six years. Even though my kids no longer go to Irvine High, I still work one shift a year to help out my friends who are still involved. Big news is that this was my last Bingo Night! I don't know any of the big volunteers in the classes after 2008, so I will not feel compelled to help the parents who helped me when I was in charge of Bingo or Grad Nite. Bingo players are a very interesting bunch, let's leave it at that.

July 8

My mom and brother.
Mom turned 75 this year and we had a heck of time trying to find a day to celebrate. It was harded than when the kids were little and playing sports. We celebrated two weeks after her birthday at the Temecula Creek Inn. I don't remember who did it, but someone made a 'birthday hat' out of a napkin. We had a great time

July 9

Okay, another night when I realized I had not taken the daily photo. There is so much in the garage, I was pretty sure I could find something that had not been photographed yet and I did - the spokes on the back tire of my bike. I guess I should probably ride it again one day.

July 10

Goofy was watching Lucy, who kept jumping up to play. Goof would smack Lucy who would rest a minute and then jump up again. It was so cute to watch.

July 11

There is nothing too interesting about a 'Do Not Enter' sign except that someone had just entered. The driver had finished getting gas and wanted to go through the McDonalds drive through. Why should a sign make him take the long way? Just a few more yards and no more than 10 seconds were too much for that driver to tolerate. Okay, it was about 7:30 in the morning and there were not many people in the parking lot, but still the sign is there for a reason. People bug me sometimes.

July 12

This is the playground at the end of our street where we used to take the kids to play all the time. I haven't been there in years. Sometimes when Dennis and I take bike rides, we pass it on the way to the bike path.

July 13

We got to have our pictures taken with the Stanley Cup. It was Broadcom Annual Family Day and Dennis left work early to attend. I got my photo taken with it earlier in the day and I got to touch it. The lines were long for awhile and touching was not allowed during Family Day.

No comments: